Android Mobile App Development
MIT APP INVENTOR is an intuitive, visual programming environment that allows block-based coding for anyone including children, it was developed by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). for easy development of android mobile applications. In this course, kids learn computer science by using App Inventor to build socially and economically useful mobile apps through projects that emphasize communication, collaboration, and creativity. Programming lessons learned with App Inventor provide a basic introduction to computer science topics in areas such as algorithms, data, binary representation, modeling, abstraction, and the Internet. This Course is Codeworld’s classic course for young coders interested in venturing into the world of App development.
A Look inside the course
- 9 months Comprehensive (kids earn a Certificate).
- 3 Stages (milestones) 3 months each (kids earn badges)
- 11 modules
- 10 Projects
- 1 project presentation
When do our courses start?
Classes open on available dates in our calendar. Register your kids ahead of time to reserve your child’s spot as classes fill up quickly. Once classes are full, registration for the next available class will open. To register for the next available class, click on the calendar below and start your registration process.
- Level: Beginner – Advance
- Age bracket: 7-11 years
- Hours: 2 hours per class/week
- Duration: 9 months (with certification)
- Milestones: 3 months (with badges)
- Language: English
- Location: Online (Zoom)
- Registration Fee: Click the Sign Up button below.
What your kids will learn (Summary)
- Understanding of programming concepts like sequence, algorithms, conditions, variables, decomposition and loops
- Hands on learning through Project based learning by creating Apps like social, camera, detecting, Gaming, Helpful apps like an emergency app for children which can still be used by any age bracket etc.
- Build global skills including creativity, problem solving, computational thinking, communication and presentation skills, collaboration, etc.